The Accounting Clerk is responsible for assisting with period, quarterly and annual financial closing, reconciliations and analysis; financial statement preparation; and internal financial reporting. This position is critical to producing accurate and timely financial information as well as promoting an environment of strong internal controls and efficiencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for receiving vendor invoices, obtaining approval signatures from appropriate managers, data entry into IQMS and scheduling for timely payment, taking advantage of appropriate discounts.
- Responsible for maintaining vendor records
- Sort, code and enter all accounts payable
- Responsible for following up on all outstanding PO receipts and rejects
- Responsible for resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies
- Process weekly cash disbursements
- Review purchase price variance and correct discrepancies as necessary.
- Develop and prepare supporting schedules for external auditors.
- Responsible for 1099 reporting.
- Verify and process expense reports.
- Provide detailed backup for expense reporting/processing.
- Assist with various data entry projects
- Responsible for applying payments to invoices, preparing bank deposits, and entering deposits into the bank.
- Process credit card payments.
- Process daily cash receipts
- File all related A/P and A/R documents.
- Maintain files according to Document Retention Guide.
Customer Service / Administration
- Process warehouse stock move transactions
- Open and route incoming mail
- Backup customer service with answering general customer service questions (tracking numbers, order status, etc.)
- Various data entry
OTHER NECESSARY FUNCTIONS:
- Provide support and coverage for other accounting staff as necessary (Staff Accountant and/or Credit Manager)
- Create and maintain process documentation
- Follow all policies, procedures, ergonomic standards and safety requirements directed by Edlund Company and the department.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Ability to get along with others, be punctual, and follow instruction.
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed including overtime if requested.
- Ability to uphold Safety standards, participate in continuous process improvements on the job, and following our Manufacturing best practices.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree (A.S. or B.S.) from an accredited two-year or four-year College or University; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.*
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES AND APITUDES
- Excellent project and time management skills.
- Excellent organizational and customer service skills.
- Ability to work with confidential information.
- Ability to positively and comfortably handle and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with focused attention to detail.
- Self-motivated positive team player with ability to interact with individuals at all levels.
- Ability to make independent decisions in accordance with company policy.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to propose positive business solutions to problems.
- Ability to clearly and concisely report data via spreadsheets.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to keep accurate records.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, as well as legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. *
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word and Outlook.
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- Crystal Reporting is a plus
- Experience with IQMS is a plus.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to sit type; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms (67% - 100% of the workday).
- Regularly required to stand, walk, talk and hear.
- Occasionally must lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision required includes close, peripheral, and distance vision, as well as color vision and depth perception.
- Ability to adjust focus.
- Position is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions as well as outside weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $20.00 /hour
- Burlington, VT
- Accounting: 1 year
• Post ID: 4463262 burlington