Roles and Responsibilities
College Steps is searching for an experienced, reliable and task-oriented Executive Assistant. The Executive Assistant will work directly with top executives and will be responsible for performing a number of administrative duties. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, professional, and capable of managing their work load and prioritizing tasks in a face-paced environment. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing company with competitive compensation.
Chain of Command:
College Steps’ Executive Assistant will report directly to College Steps’ Chief Operating Officer.
Manages administrative functions of College Steps. Specifically, coordinates the schedules of executive staff, responds to and organizes community contacts, manages all human resource functions, serves as the primary interface for third party vendors, develops all operating and personnel documents and related contracts for review by executive staff, organizes administrative functions of board, and manages all organizational policies and procedures as well as compliance standards in accordance with state and federal law.
- Welcomes customers by greeting them via telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
- Coordinates executive communications:
- Conserves executive’s time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications
- Represents the executive by attending meetings in the executive’s absence; speaking for the executive
- Prepares PowerPoint and related presentation materials on behalf of executive team
- Coordinate executive schedules:
- Maintains executive’s appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel
- Develops all contracts for review by executive staff
- Sends acceptance letters to incoming students
- Coordinates the scheduling and set up of student orientations and open houses
- Maintains an organized filing system for paper and electronic documents
- Completes projects by assigning work to clerical staff (accountants, bookkeeper, etc.); following up on results
- Organizes administrative functions of board of directors
- Manages all organizational policies and procedures as well as compliance standards in accordance with state and federal law
- Prepares internal and external corporate documents for team members and industry partners
- Joins relevant executive team meetings to take and distribute minutes and report on office functioning
Manages all human resource functions
- Coordinates all elements of staff hiring, on boarding, and retention
- Manages employee benefit program
- Maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; evaluating new office products; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques
- Arrange corporate events to take place outside of the work place such as fund-raising events, staff meetings and retreats
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential
- Develops and sustains a level of professionalism among staff and clientele
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing professional networks; participating in professional societies
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as an Executive Assistant reporting directly to senior management
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, with an ability to become quickly familiar with company specific programs and software.
- Proficiency in collaboration and delegation of duties
- Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills
- Impeccable multitasking abilities
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Friendly and professional demeanor
Informing Others, Listening, Verbal Communication, Written Communication, Motivating Others, Foster Teamwork, Self-Motivated, Organizational Astuteness, Coordination, Tracking Budget Expenses, Administrative Writing Skills
• Post ID: 4186613 burlington