Name: Chapin Hall at the University of Chicago
Name: Patrick Kinner
SALARY RANGE: This is a per-interview, commission-based position that includes stipends for travel, quality, training, participation in supervision, and associated administrative activities.
START DATE: September 2017
Description: Chapin Hall at the University of Chicago is seeking motivated and detail oriented individuals to work on an exciting new study aimed at examining innovations in health care to prevent and reduce the impact of stress for young children and their families. Field interviewers will conduct research study activities including: family recruitment, ongoing engagement, and data collection with parents or caregivers of young children receiving pediatric primary health care services. This position requires working in Lamoille County, VT and surrounding communities. The time commitment for this position is approximately 15-20 hours per week. Field Interviewers will be compensated on a per interview basis with the opportunity to earn an additional incentive for high quality interviews. A stipend for transportation and phone usage will be provided.
- Coordinating with pediatric primary health care clinic staff to identify eligible families.
- Recruiting parents from pediatric clinics to participate in the study.
- Conducting in-person interviews with parents using a standard protocol at three time points: 2-8 weeks, 6 and 15 months after their child’s birth.
- Tracking and maintaining engagement with families over the course of the three year study.
- Clerical and organizational tasks related to tracking study participation.
- Data entry.
- Minimum of Associate’s Degree
- 2-5 years of experience in community-based health or social service related setting
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) oral and written fluency required. May be asked to complete a Spanish language proficiency assessment.
- Excellent verbal communication and organizational skills
- Strong computer skills for use of tablets in conducting online surveys and data entry.
- Access to regular and reliable cell phone to engage and maintain communication with families throughout study
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Travel required:
- Required local travel using own transportation
- Annual travel to Chicago, Illinois
- Occasional evening hours required
- Bachelor’s Degree in social work, human development, social work, developmental psychology, or related field
- 3 years of related experience in community-based health or social services setting.
- Bicultural, native Spanish speakers preferred.
- Research experience (i.e. interviewing, collecting surveys, etc.)
Review of Applications will Begin: September 2017
Submit: Cover letter and resume or curriculum vitae.
Patrick Kinner Center for Behavioral Health Integration
- Position Type: Unknown / Not Applicable
- Location: Chittenden County; Lamoille County
- Employment Type/ Status: Part Time
• Post ID: 4309722 burlington