Name: Circle (formerly Battered Women's Services and Shelter)
Name: Karol Diamond
- Case management of women residing at Circle’s shelter, including provision and/or coordination of:
- Shelter in-take and other statistical information gathering
- Needs assessments
- Emotional support and peer counseling
- Information and education about domestic violence and other related issues
- Referrals and advocacy to social service providers as needed
- Coordinate and provide shelter support services for residents (Economic Services benefits, housing, health, etc.)
- Organize and facilitate house meetings
- Provide one-on-one meeting times with residents
- Work with Shelter Youth Program Coordinator to support families
- Collect and maintain statistical data on services provided to residents at the shelter; submit all shelter data to co-director in a timely manner
- Maintain records and files of shelter cases
- Coordinate shelter volunteer schedule with Volunteer Coordinator on a monthly basis; maintain statistical data on shelter volunteers
- Act as liaison with other social service organizations
- Remain current with housing and shelter program initiatives; keep staff informed of changes to these systems
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and respectfully with people of all socioeconomic, religious, and cultural backgrounds.
- Awareness of the relationship between the patriarchy and global oppression of women and children and of intimate partner violence as a social issue.
- Belief in the strength and resourcefulness of women and children who have been abused.
- Basic understanding of the systems and processes which victims of domestic violence are involved with
- Willingness and ability to be on-call on scheduled weekends and evenings.
- Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written form.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively and respect group decisions.
- Ability and willingness to work according to consensus decision making process.
- Active listening skills
- Valid driver’s license and access to an insured vehicle.
This is a full-time (40 hours) salaried exempt position. Employer pays full healthcare expenses. Reports to and receives supervision from the Co-Directors.
- Position Type: Program
- Location: Washington County
- Employment Type/ Status: Full Time
• Post ID: 4412752 burlington